About the Hostel
Anugraha’s Rukmani Amirthalingam Hostel provides an amiable atmosphere and pollution-free, clean and hygienic environment, conducive to the mental, physical and spiritual development of the students and helps them become self-reliant. As envisioned by our mother, Mrs. Rukmani Amirthalingam, the hostel takes care of every need of the student as a mother would.
The facilities and other services in-house to make the stay of the student at the hostel a pleasant experience are given below.
The hostel has an airy and versatile hall, which is used for various purposes. It serves as a Dining Hall, Prayer Hall as well as a Performance Hall for various extra-curricular and co-curricular activities of the hostel.
The hostel mess caters to all the food and nutritional requirements of the students. They are served a well-balanced and strictly vegetarian diet along with milk at the hostel. The menu for all meal sessions is changed regularly to provide variety and wholesome nourishment.
The kitchen is well maintained to ensure high standards of hygiene. It is also well furnished with modern methods of cookery replete with contemporary cooking gadgets.
Physical and mental well being of every child is of utmost importance. A doctor on call is available 24/7. The students are periodically examined by General Practitioner, E.N.T., Eye and Dental specialists. Also the services of the General and the Super-Speciality Hospitals, which are located in the vicinity, are extended to the inmates of the hostel whenever necessary.
A general stores stocking every possible item, from pencils and pins to buckets and bags, as may be required by the students.
The daily routine for the students in the hostel and the school are tabled below:
|Suprabhatam (Morning prayer)||5.30 a.m.|
|Jogging & Games or Yoga||6.00 a.m.|
|Study time||7.00 a.m.|
|Bath & Dressing||8.00 a.m.|
|School Hours(Lunch at Hostel)||9.00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m.|
|Tea & Snacks||4.00 p.m.|
|Study Hours||7.30 p.m.|
|Night Milk, Prayer and Lights off||9.30 p.m.|
- Reading: With a variety collection of general knowledge and children story books apart from comics and other light reading material, reading will become a joyful habit for life.
- An audio-visual entertainment on weekends and on other special occasions.
- Computer usage, internet connectivity and multimedia facility with restricted access.
- Telephone calls to parents every weekend from hostel phone.
- For artistically inclined students the hostel has ample facilities to pursue their interests of painting, drawing, etc. in their leisure time.
- The hostel has spacious patios for indoor games like carom, chess, etc.
- Laundry service is offered by people employed.
Code of Conduct and Regulations
Code of Conduct is important to maintain the decorum of the hostel and to build the
students’ character so as to succeed in life. Every student is exhorted to observe the
rules and regulations whole-heartedly and in the right spirit.
- Each student is expected to sincerely practice obedience and reverence to teachers and elders, as we believe modesty is the hallmark of a good student. Mutual courtesy, respect and polite behaviour is important and must be honoured to promote peace and harmony among the students.
- Students are expected to wear decent and comfortable dress and maintain short and well-groomed hairstyle. The students are not supposed to grow moustache, beard and long side burns.
- Voluntarily maintaining silence during mass gatherings like assembly, in dining hall, inside classroom, inside Mandhir etc. is expected from every student. Indulging in loud talk and idle chat is inexcusably condemned.
- Punctuality is a must in the disciplined life pattern at the hostel. All students are expected to be in time for all sessions whether in school or in the hostel.
- Personal possession of Iron box, tape recorder or transistor, video games etc. is not allowed in the hostel.
- All students are required to maintain high standard of personal cleanliness and room cleanliness as well as the cleanliness of the surroundings.
- Students are not encouraged to keep any cash or valuables with them.
- Parents / guardians alone are permitted to meet their wards between 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. on Sundays only and not on any other holiday. No visitor is permitted to meet any student on working days.
- Leaving the hostel premises for any reason without explicit permission from the warden is not encouraged. Overnight stay outside the hostel is forbidden.
- In the event of a student presence being absolutely required at home, other than during the vacation, he/she should furnish the following to the Warden along with the leave application:
1. The requisition letter from the parent.
2.Permission letter from the School authority / the Doctor-in-charge (in case,
it is for health reasons).
- The Warden, then, at his discretion may permit the student to go home and return to the hostel within the stipulated time.
- Any breach of the rules and regulations mentioned above is not tolerated. The hostel and school authorities reserve the right to expel any student from the hostel and the school at any time of the year if his / her behaviour is found wanting.