Child Sexual Abuse Awareness
Child Sexual Abuse Awareness is being conducted in-house to prevent and protect innocent children from falling prey to CSA. Children are made aware of
- Identification of bad touches / secret touches
- How to avoid situations leading to such bad touches.
- How to protect themselves if such an unfortunate incident happens.
- What to do thereafter.
Self Defence Program
The best programs will teach a range of personal safety skills for being aware, taking charge of the space around you, getting help, setting boundaries with people you know, de-escalating conflict, and staying calm and making choices instead of just getting upset when you have a problem. Physical self-defense skills will be taught in a context of having done everything possible to get out of a situation safely without fighting first.
Road Safety – Use of helmets
Children created awareness on wearing a helmet. They explained to parents that a helmet provides
- Impact protection
- Penetration protection
They emphasized the importance of buying tested and certified safety helmets and explained that retention of helmet during impact is vital and only certified helmets can serve the purpose.
They carried placards with messages such as,
- Leave sooner, drive slower, live longer.
- Slow down! Your family will be waiting for you.
- Wear helmet and be safe.
Caring for the Environment – Avoiding plastic
Children spoke about,
- The nasty impacts of plastic pollution and why it is important to reduce plastic in our lives.
- Reusing shopping bags and bottled water. Using cloth bags and metal or glass reusable bottles.
- Refusing “disposable” plastics and carrying reusable utensils.
- Replacing sandwich bags and juice cartons with a reusable lunch bag/box.
- Replacing plastic cups with on the go mugs!
- Going digital! No need for plastic CDs and DVDs when music and videos can be downloaded.
- Using recycled plastics, when using plastic is unavoidable.
- Volunteering at a plastic cleanup, supporting plastic bag bans and spreading the world.